Asphalt roof shingles are the most well-known shingle material in the United States since they have a reasonable price and a great scope of various designs and colors. Also, they are durable and conveniently adapt to your home’s exterior. Besides, they can also withstand high winds, which is a great benefit.
There are several types of asphalt shingles, like three-tab asphalt, which are the most affordable. On the other hand, fiberglass has asphalt on the exterior but has a fiberglass mat instead of wood which makes them stronger. Architectural asphalt shingles are the highest quality roofing made from fiberglass mat base and ceramic minerals coated in water-resistant asphalt.
How to Install Asphalt Shingles
Asphalt shingles have six steps to be installed, which are the following:
- Prepare the roof deck: make sure that your roof deck is dry, smooth, free of any holes and gaps, and fastened to the trusses.
- Work from the bottom: you need to start at the bottom and work your way up. You’ll have to apply a drip edge so that you can prevent the lower edge of your roof deck from having water damage.
- Install a roof underlayment: this can be synthetic roof underlayment or asphalt-saturated felt. This will give you an extra layer of protection from water damage.
- Cover valleys and joints: apply an extra layer of water-shedding material to prevent your roof from leaking.
- Place the shingles: start placing the shingles from the bottom, then work your way across to finally get to the top of your roof.
- Cap it off: once your shingles are installed, finish the job by capping it off with ridge caps on the ridges and hips of the roof.
You might be tempted to install your asphalt shingles roof yourself, but this is quite a difficult job that professionals must do. The best thing you can do is hire a roofing company in Fort Worth to help you get this job done.
Bass Roofing Can Help You with Your Asphalt Shingle Roof
If you are looking for asphalt roofing installers in Fort Worth, Bass Roofing is ready to help you. We’re trained professionals with over 15+ years of experience in roofing services. We’re ready to help you get the beautiful roof you always wanted and give you the safety you need.
Whether it’s installing a new roof or getting your current roof repaired, we can do it all! Make sure to contact us to know more about our services. And remember, if your roof isn’t in good condition, everything beneath is at risk!