What Do Roofers Look For In Roof Inspections
The roof is one of the most important parts of your home. It protects you from rain, snow, and other elements and prevents mold from forming inside your house. To keep it in good shape for years to come, you should have a professional inspect it regularly to determine if any problems or roof repairs need to be made. But, have you thought, what exactly do roofers look for when doing inspections?
We all want to know that our roof is in good shape, but it can be hard to tell from the ground. That’s why at Bass Roofing, we offer roof inspections. We’re roof experts that have been in business for 15+ years. Bass Roofing is the place to go if you’re looking for the best roofing company in Fort Worth, TX. Call today for a free inspection, and we’ll show you how your roof is doing!
What Our Roofers Look For During A Roof Inspection
A roofing contractor will look for different things when doing a roof inspection, such as:
- The condition of your roof’s decking: If your decking is rotten or damaged, it will need to be replaced.
- The condition of the nails: If there are missing nail heads on your shingles, this can allow water in, leading to more problems with mold and leaks.
- Damage caused by animals: Birds often nest inside open roof vents, while squirrels will chew on any wires that they can find.
- The number of layers: You may have a new roof over an old one underneath it, which could mean the underlying shingles are in bad shape, so you need to replace them as well as the top layer.
- The shape of your gutters: Your gutters need to be regularly cleaned, but they also have a big impact on the lifespan of your roof because debris that gets stuck in them can damage shingles if it falls onto them, as well as prevent water from draining off the roof.
- The color of your shingles: If your shingles are faded or discolored, this means they need to be replaced because today’s roofs should last a long time and retain their original color for as long as possible.
Get Help From Professionals At Bass Roofing
A roof inspection is a very important step in the process of caring for your roof. If you’re unsure what to look for or how often it should be done, you can hire Bass Roofing! Search for “roof inspectors near me” and we’ll be the right answer. Our experts will take a look at your roof, and they’ll let you know if there are any problems with your roof and give you an estimate of how much it would cost to fix these problems.
When it comes to taking care of your roof and searching for “roofing companies near me”, hire the best roofing company in Fort Worth, TX, Bass Roofing! For more information, contact us today for a roof consultation!
Get sarted with us
Let A Pro Help You
Request a Free Estimate for Bass Roofing & Restoration Today
Our excellent team of licensed and certified roofers in Fort Worth are here to answer any questions you may have!